Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Hacktoberfest 2021 and open source

I took part in Hacktoberfest 2021. I created Customizable OkHttp Logging Interceptor - an OkHttp interceptor which logs HTTP request and response data and allows output customization. I decided to do it because the library authors rejected my feature request some time ago saying that people can write their own interceptors or use a more sophisticated library that already exists.

It was a valuable experience for me. I learned how to use JitPack to publish your library in a public repository. I also learned how to create a good readme page.

I suggest you try contributing to open source as well if you haven't already. It's a bit like having a new job. You work on a new project and with new people so you learn the fastest. Hacktoberfest is a great occasion to start your open source adventure. They help you with the technical stuff and give you prizes (T-shirts and stickers) for completing the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment