Saturday, January 25, 2020

Find a Way: Results so far

It's been more than a month since my game Find a Way was published on Google Play and itch.io. So far it has less than 100 downloads and it doesn't seem that it's getting any traction. I wasn't expecting it to be super popular but I was definitely hoping for more than this.

The game itself turned out quite well and I'm proud of making it. It has some good ratings on Google Play (most of them are from my friends and family though). I'm frankly not sure why it's not getting at least a couple of downloads a day. It's not that people play it and don't like it - there's just nobody even discovering its existence.

I'm not getting depressed about the results though. I think that I might still be able to make it work somehow. My thinking is that I just didn't spend enough time for marketing.

So the plan now is to try a bunch of techniques to promote the game. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of ideas that I could use, e.g. contacting review sites, posting it on game-related Facebook pages, posting it on Reddit, perhaps even paying for some traffic.

I'm going to perform a series of experiments trying to see which techniques work and which do not. I hope it can be interesting to you as well. If you have an idea you think I should try, please let me know.

I'll keep you up to date on my actions and their results. Come back in a couple of weeks to see how I'm doing. Wish me luck!

1 comment: