Monday, May 22, 2017

Blobby Volley 2.0.5

Blobby Volley is getting closer and closer to the final release. In version 2.0.5 I did the following:
  • I improved the AI by using normal distribution random values for errors instead of uniform distribution random values. Thanks to the changes the AI is more human-like.
  • I added Firebase tracking, so I can get more gameplay statistics and adjust the parameters like the difficulty.
  • I fixed the size of point counters, because it was incorrect on some resolutions.
  • I added a pause screen.
  • I added win and lose screens.
To give you a sneak peak, the new screens look like this:




I'm not publishing the WebGL version this time, because it doesn't work well with Firebase. You can play it on your phone and if you don't know how, see one of the previous posts.

To close up this short update, here are some stats. I worked for another 11.5h which gives a total of 71h so far. The amount of time committed to the game in this sprint was rather miserable but preparing a presentation about Unity for the local Android Developers Group consumed lots of it. I'm hoping to do better next time and work on the following: polishing the AI, adding a menu system and ads.

Now go play the game and see if you can experience the win screen yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment