Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hello World




Hello everyone!

You're probably wondering why I decided to create another Andoid blog, although there are plenty of them already. Well, I want this one to be focused on a struggle to make money on Android applications. I will try to find out, if it is possible for an average programmer with a handful of ideas to make a living this way. I set my ultimate goal to $1000 a month, which should be enough to pay my bills and prove that it can be done. The inspiration for starting this project were two blogs kreci.net and makingmoneywithandroid.com.

Who am I?

I'm just another programmer out there dreaming to be able to do what he likes the most, which is working on his own projects with no boss to tell him what to do and no boundaries to limit his imagination. Is it enough to succeed? We'll see. To prove that I am not totally hopeless, I have to add that I hold a masters degree in computer science granted by a large university in Poland (where I live). I also have a couple years of work experience (mainly in Java and C++).

The beginnings...

I would lie if I said that I haven't written an Android application before. In fact, I already own a Google Play developer account. I have also released a couple of applications. If you're looking for some information on how to write your first program or setup your programming environment then you won't find it here, but I'm sure you can learn about it somewhere else. This blog will address people who are curious about the rules of Android market and chances an ordinary programmer has to make a living from it.

Wish me luck!

Do you think I can make it or do you think I'll fail miserably? Have you tried doing a similar project yourself? Do you have a hint for me? Post a comment with a word of advice or just laugh at me and my foolishness. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Stay tuned for the next episode where I'll introduce you to my applications.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Bartak. Decided to go back and read your blog from the beginning. Although looks like I'll be starting even further behind than you did. Does inspire me though to write a blog as I go, if only to partially document the journey. Nice first post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to hear that another person is joining the club of Android developers. Welcome and good luck with your apps!

      I'm glad you like the blog and I'll try to make sure its content gets even better with time. You don't know how much it means to me to hear the kind words.

      If you have something interesting to share in the future: want to show off your app or share some knowledge that can benefit other Android enthusiasts, let me know.

      BTW, what's your blog's address?

      Delete
  2. No blog address yet. Just writing the initial posts at the moment. Will post the links when I something to say. At the moment it is just a hobby and so going very slowly...

    Keep going and keep blogging, it is inspiring to the rest of us just trying to get our dreams off the ground.

    “The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation.”
    ― Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you once again. I'm working on something cool for all my readers right now, so stay put.

      Delete